Gal Gadot: Opening Weekend Slayer
Well it looks like it's time to pay the piper. In a past article, Sammy and I discuss different view points about the earning predictions for Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. In the article, I stated that if Wonder Woman surpassed weekend box office predictions I would devote an article to the lovey leading actress. Well, not only did Wonder Woman meet the box office expectations, it shattered them. With a female director at the helm and a relatively unknown actress as the leading lady, the movie did tremendously well financially and with its critic reviews. So, now it is time for you to meet your new box office breaking superhero, the very talented Gal Gadot.
Gal was born and raised in Israel on April 30, 1985. Gal is the daughter of a teacher and engineer, and granddaughter of Holocaust survivors. Gal experienced success early on; in high school she was a top basketball player. She attributed this to her height (5'10"), which is taller than Sammy. I kid. But yes, I can be a sore loser. I digress; Mrs. Gadot has so many accomplishments that it may be best just to highlight her key achievements and things that make her a total badass:
- Very smart student. In high school her major was biology.
- Very athletic, she thrived as a basketball player in high school.
- Attended law school (Reichman Law School)
- Enlisted in Israeli Military, where she served for 2 years and transformed herself into a combat trainer.
- Began a modeling career and quickly became a top paid model.
- Lives in London with her husband and 2 daughters.
- In an interview she said her daughter was the one who convinced her to seek the Wonder Woman role.
- Owns a black Ducati motorcycle which she enjoys riding.
It is actually ironic that Gadot was chosen to play the role of a superhero that will lead the forefront for empowering little girls all across the world, because the country of Israel is a very female empowering country. Israel is the third country in the world to be led by a female Prime Minister and according to a Buzzfeed article, 44% of registered lawyers in Israel are female. So I guess Sammy would fit in great over there. Being that he is also a female lawyer. Just kidding!
Congrats to both Sammy and Gal. Sammy called the prediction for big box office; he hit the nail right on the head. Gal continues to be successful in everything she does, even when the odds are stacked against her. I wish her much success moving forward.